sponsored Ad

Health

[business][bleft]

sponsored Ad

Technology

[technology][bsummary]

sponsored Ad

Business

[business][twocolumns]

sponsored

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Going Speed Dating For The First Time? Here Are Five Things You Should Know Beforehand

speed-dating
In all honesty, I wasn’t too crazy about the idea of speed dating, but curiosity got the better of me. I found myself moving around from table to table, chatting away with total strangers who I’d never even look at twice on the street. Here, the five things I got out of the experience…

1. It’s Really Not That Profound

Quit overthinking this whole thing: it’s actually none of the scenarios that you’ve replayed over and over in your mind. I’m a bit paranoid – so I might have been a bit too anxious about this whole thing. Bottom line: speed dating is supposed to be fun, so approach it the way you would a game of ten-pin bowling. See?

2. Lower Your Expectations

Be neutral about the whole experience, especially if you’re a first-timer. As humans, we’re wired to have high expectations, which in most cases can lead to disappointment. I expected the worst the minute I decided to give speed dating a try. I mean, there was one older guy there – what was I suppose to talk him about? Does he even know what Instagram is? But, to my surprise, it turned out pretty okay, actually.

3. People Are Your Friends

In any other situation, I’d have simply greeted and moved on from the majority of the people there. But because I was allocated a five-minute chat with each person, non-engagement wasn’t an option. It could be they were looking to score potential partners, but everyone was exceptionally kind.

4. Be Open-minded

You are going to be meeting a lot of different people, with different personalities and backgrounds. This means you’ll need to leave prejudices and preconceptions at the door. Be prepared to accept everything that you come across with an open mind, and be brave enough to step out of your comfort zone. Not keen on vegans? You could feel differently about if after five minutes.

5. Go With The Intention Of Having Fun

You are not promised a husband at the first go – not even a potential hubster. This is more of a “let’s test the waters” type of situation. Have the most fun while you’re testing those waters. Make the conversation fun – don’t get too personal or ask serious questions, like “So, how’s your relationship with your mom?”
Don’t be too flirtatious either – be yourself. (PS: My normal self is a bit awkward and it’s fine because I made the conversation awkwardly fun.) As for you boo, you’ve got to do you

No comments: