sponsored Ad

Health

[business][bleft]

sponsored Ad

Technology

[technology][bsummary]

sponsored Ad

Business

[business][twocolumns]

sponsored

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

WHY I WENT INTO THE MARQUEE BUSINESS IN ABEOKUTA •FOSTERLINE BOSS, OLUWASEUN SALAU

Oluwaseun Salau is a young entrepreneur in Ogun State. His outfit, Fosterline, is the biggest Marquee company in town and since inception, it has eased the stress of hiring a marquee company from Lagos for events in Ogun State. Although Fosterline marquee started a year ago, but the company has been in existence for more than five years with haulage and transportation business.

In this interview with City People’s BUNMI MUSTAPHA, Oluwaseun Salau, Fosterline boss opens up on his journey into marquee business and the challenges he faced while setting up the business in Ogun State.


A lot of people know the brand name Fosterline, but can you tell us what exactly the outfit does?
Fosterline is fully into rentals service. We have festival marquee and canopies which can accommodate 1000 capacity, 1500 capacity, 700 capacity, 500 capacity, and 200 capacity, it depends on the number of guest you are looking at. We also have beautiful safari chairs and party tables, mobile toilet, cooling van truck and also we plan events. Fosterline is not limited to rental alone though.

How long has the business been in existence?
Foster Line is more than five years in the business, although we started as haulage and transportation which we have been doing for five years now in Lagos and Abeokuta the rental and marquee business stared a year ago .

What inspired you into starting the rental and marquee business?
I have always wanted to do that for a long time but I was waiting for the right time, I like to organise parties for friends back in the days and when I go to some events and I see the way the rental and planning is, I made up my mind to start my own in other to contribute my quota.
How did the people of Ogun State accept your concept and what were the challenges the business faced at first?
Well , every new and old business has its challenges, but its usually much when its just new but we thank God. Usually people go to Lagos to get a marquee company for their events , but that has changed a bit since Fosterline came but some people still go to Lagos due to the fact that they still want to do this Lagos bond business, but when they see our work they always regret not patronising us, but as it is now, Foster line has become a household name and we get referral compared to before.
Can you give me an insight into your background?
I’m from Ogun state, Ago Iwoye to be precise but I was born and raised in Lagos, Sabo, Yaba
I attended Saint Agnes Primary School Sabo, Yaba Lagos, Aje Comprehensive High School and I’m a graduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State.

No comments: